For the most up-to-date information on road closures, flooded areas, anticipated openings, and other road events, follow TxDOT’s www.drivetexas.org.
Rain and minor-to-moderate flooding are expected to continue this week.
Emergency Management Coordinator Ray Kallio sent the following notice today, Monday May 17:
|Event:||Flood Warning (why am I getting this notice?)|
|Effective:||03:11 PM CDT on 05/17/2021|
|Expires:||06:08 PM CDT on 05/19/2021|
|Alert:||The Flood Warning continues for the Frio River Near Derby until Wednesday evening. |
* Flood stage is 6.0 feet. “Flood stage” is defined as “The stage at which overflow of the natural banks of a stream begins to cause damage in the reach in which the elevation is measured.”
* Minor flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Recent Activity…The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending at 2:30 PM CDT Monday was 6.6 feet.
* Forecast…The river will rise to 9.1 feet tomorrow morning. It will then fall below flood stage Wednesday morning to 3.6 feet and begin rising again early Thursday morning. It will rise to 4.9 feet early Friday morning. It will then fall again and remain below flood stage.
* Impact…At 10.0 feet, Lowland flooding below Concan to Choke Canyon Reservoir floods oil well pump jacks, irrigation pumps and any equipment in the lower flood plain near and above Derby.
* Flood History…This crest compares to a previous crest of 9.1 feet on 10/12/2018.
|Target Area:||Frio, TX|